The factors determining of pipeline pulling process into the borehole of underwater pipeline crossing
Key words: water barriers, trunk pipeline, pilot borehole, pulling force, pipeline pulling, underwater pipeline crossing, horizontal and directional drilling
Authors: Z.Z. Sharafutdinov (The Pipeline Transport Institute LLC, RF, Moscow), I.R. Islamov (The Pipeline Transport Institute LLC, RF, Moscow, V.O. Zotov (Transneft PJSC, RF, Moscow), R.A. Kapaev (Transneft PJSC, RF, Moscow)
Pipeline pulling into the borehole is the final and most important stage in the construction of the transition by the method of horizontal directional drilling. Analysis of changes in the values of traction forces implemented in the process of dragging the pipeline shows that the values of traction forces implemented in practice do not correspond to the calculated ones. This is due to the fact that the work spent on carrying out the process of dragging the pipeline into the well consists of the work spent on overcoming the influence of the pipeline weight, as well as on the elastic deformation of the pipeline when overcoming curved sections of the borehole and obstacles formed during the expansion of the pilot borehole. The most significant influence on the amount of pulling forces of the pipeline is exerted by the elastic-deformative properties of the pipeline being dragged; the limiting factor for the pipeline passage in the constructed well is the ability of the pipeline to deform when overcoming the curved intervals of the underwater transition profile and various obstacles along the borehole. Reducing the cost of effort for elastic deformation of the pipeline being dragged leads to a multiple decrease in the values of the realized traction forces of dragging the pipeline during the construction of an underwater passage. Therefore, the geometric parameters of the constructed well and, as a result, the correctly selected technology of its construction, which provides the required geometric parameters of the well, play a crucial role in dragging the pipeline.
1. Sharafutdinov Z.Z., Parizher V.I., Sorokin D.N. et al., Stroitel'stvo perekhodov magistral'nykh truboprovodov cherez estestvennye i iskusstvennye prepyatstviya (Construction of crossings of trunk pipelines through natural and artificial obstacles), Novosibirsk: Nauka Publ., 2013, 339 p.
2. Sal'nikov A.V., Zorin V.P., Aginey R.V., Metody stroitel'stva podvodnykh perekhodov gazonefteprovodov na rekakh Pechorskogo basseyna (Construction methods for underwater crossings of gas and oil pipelines on the rivers of the Pechora basin), Ukhta: Publ. USTU, 2008, 108 p.
3. Kharitonov V.A., Bakhareva N.V., Organizatsiya i tekhnologiya stroitel'stva truboprovodov metodom gorizontal'no-napravlennogo bureniya (Organization and technology of construction of pipelines using horizontal directional drilling), Moscow: ASV Publ., 2011, 344 p.
4. Sharafutdinov Z.Z., Komarov A.I., Golofast S.L., Pilot drill hole reaming in construction of trunk pipelines’ submerged crossings (In Russ.), Truboprovodnyy transport: teoriya i praktika, 2016, no. 5(57), pp. 32–40.
5. Sharafutdinov Z.Z., Stroitel'stvo podvodnykh perekhodov magistral'nykh nefteprovodov metodom naklonno-napravlennogo bureniya (Construction of underwater crossings of main oil pipelines using directional drilling), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2019, 357 p.
6. Kapaev R.A., Formation of the wellbore at the boundary of engineering-geological elements in the implementation of the HDD method in the construction of an underwater crossing (In Russ.), Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz, 2018, no. № 1 (61), pp. 56–60.
7. Kapaev R.A., Sharafutdinov Z.Z., Drilling tool structure and assembly impact on the construction process of underwater passages using directional drilling method (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2019, V. 9, no. 5, pp. 522–529.
To buy the complete text of article (a format - PDF) or to read the material which is in open access
only the authorized visitors of the website can.