The following the methodological basis is very important for new theoretical and practice activities of the petroleum industry, especially for exploration business process. The theory development in Earth science fields is part of high priorities of Rosneft Oil Company. Es a result of this corporate special attention, the exploration is currently very successful Rosneft’s activity by discovery of high quality new oil fields and also very efficient using of human and investments sources.
The article contains the explanation of the using the Method of analogy for large geological bodies as a bid depression, an orogen and a foothill area. Also the some terms are described according on the Method’s idea. The proposed concept is illustrated by real examples with similar geological features (geomorphological, genetical and etc.) and based on the process of the geological history identification. Tree postulates are argued.
1. It is possible to find the analogue for any of geological body.
2. Analogy has to be done for elements with similar hierarchical level and identical genesis.
3. It is necessary to do the geological time correlation during the matching process.
These postulates are based on conceptual matching pattern of Caspian and Gulf of Mexico depressions, the Verjoiansko-Kolimsky orogen system (Siberia) and the Canadian Rocky Mountings with foot hills areas, as petroleum basins. Also there is the comparative idea of matching Bagenov (Russia) and Vaca Muerta (Argentina) petroleum mother rock formations. Finally, it was explained the possibility of increasing efficiency of exploration at new areas by identification of the regional structure - analogue with good production results.
1. Miloserdova L.V., Matsera A.V., Samsonov Yu.V., Strukturnaya geologiya (Structural geology), Moscow: Neft' i gaz Publ., 2004, 537 p.
2. Volyanskaya V.V., Methodological aspects of the different-level tectonic modeling (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 5, pp. 14–17.
3. Hutton J., Theory of the Earth; or an investigation of the laws observable in composition, dissolution, and restoration of land upon the Glob, Transaction of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 1788, V. 1, Part 2, pp. 209–304.
4. URL: https://daks.ccreservoirs.com/
5. Botvinovskaya O.A., Zagurenko A.G., Ganichev D.I., Compensating of petrophysical data deficiency using analogous reservoir information (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2009, no. 11, pp. 32–35.
6. Budennyy S.A., Analiz bol'shikh dannykh v neftegazovoy otrasli: bar'ery i vozmozhnosti (Big data analysis in the oil and gas industry: barriers and opportunities): SPE Technical Presentation, Moscow Section, 15.05.2018, URL: www.spe-moscow.org/
7. Vologin I.S., Islamov R.R., Nigmatullin F.N. et al., Methodology for selecting an analogous object for oil and gas reservoirs to geological and physical characteristics (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 12, pp. 124–127.
8. Austin J., Geologic history of Gulf of Mexico 2014 expedition operating area, URL: https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/explorations/ex1402/background/geology/welcome.html
9. Nekrasov A.N., Geologiya i blagorodnometal'naya minerageniya Verkhoyano-Kolymskoy skladchatoy zony (Geology and noble metal minerageny of the Verkhoyansk-Kolyma fold zone): thesis of doctor of geological and mineralogical science, Moscow, 2017, 56 p.
10. Filatov N.I., Khain V.E., Development of the Verkhoyansk-Kolyma orogenic system as a result of interaction of adjacent continental and oceanic plates (In Russ.), Geotektonika = Geotectonics, 2008, no. 4, pp. 18–48.
11. Grinenko V.S., Baranov V.V., Verkhnepaleozoyskiy i mezozoyskiy etapy evolyutsii verkhoyanskogo terrigennogo kompleksa (zona perekhoda “Sibirskaya platforma – Verkhoyano-Kolymskaya skladchataya oblast'”) (Upper Paleozoic and Mesozoic stages of evolution of the Verkhoyansk terrigenous complex (transition zone "Siberian platform - Verkhoyansk-Kolyma fold region")), Proceedings of IX All-Russian scientific and practical conference “Geologiya i mineral'no-syr'evye resursy severo-vostoka Rossii” (Geology and mineral resources of the north-east of Russia), Part 2, Yakutsk, 2019, pp. 33–36.
12. Grigorenko V.S., Knyazev V.G., Devyatov V.P. et al., New data on the stratigraphy and history of the formation of the Upper Triassic – Jurassic sediments of the transition zone "Siberian platform – Verkhoyansk-Kolyma fold region” (In Russ.), Vestnik Goskomgeologii, 2012, no. 1, pp. 39–59.
13. McMechan M.E., Geology and structure cross-section, Dawson Creek, British Columbia; Geological Survey of Canada, Map 1858A, scale 1:250 000, 1994.
14. Torsvik T.H., Cocks L.R.M., Earth history and palaeography, Cambridge University Press, 2017, 317 p.
15. Brod I.O., Vasil'ev V.G., Vysotskiy I.V. et al., Neftegazonosnye basseyny zemnogo shara (Oil and gas basins of the globe), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1965, pp. 598.
16. Legerreta L., Villar H., Laffitte G. et al., Frontera exploratoria de la Argentina, Simposio de VI Congreso de Exploracion y Desarrollo de Hidrocarburos, 2005, pp. 233–250.17. Kalmykov G.A., Kiseleva N.L., Balushkina N.S., Tsvetkov D.L., Neftegazonosnye vysokouglerodistye tolshchi na granitse yury i mela (Oil and gas bearing high carbon strata on the Jurassic and Cretaceous boundary), Yaroslavl': Avers Plyus Publ., 2017, 330 p.