The article considers the influence of the viscosity of the pumped liquid on the efficiency of centrifugal pumps. The importance of taking into account changes in the energy characteristics of a centrifugal pump during the transportation of viscous liquids is shown. It is known that when transporting liquids with low viscosity, the efficiency of a centrifugal pump decreases significantly due to an increase in disk friction losses, since changes in viscosity primarily affect disk losses and hydraulic resistances in the channels of the impeller. In this regard, when pumping viscous oil, the power consumed by the pump increases sharply, and the efficiency is significantly reduced. It is noted that most of the currently existing methods for converting the characteristics of centrifugal pumps (including the efficiency coefficient) from water to viscous liquids are based on experimental work on the direct study of the characteristics of centrifugal pumps and these methods use experimental coefficients for converting the supply, head and efficiency of the pump. These methods are correct for certain pump sizes and certain experimentally studied viscosity ranges and do not allow to develop recommendations for reducing the negative impact of viscosity on the efficiency of centrifugal pumps. Based on previous studies, it is shown that an increase in the viscosity of the pumped liquid primarily affects the disk losses and hydraulic resistances in the channels of the impeller. The influence of disk losses on the efficiency of the pump is considered. Proposals have been developed to determine the pressure reduction during pumping of a viscous liquid, taking into account disk losses.
1. Baykov I.R., Trofimov A.Yu., Ziyatdinov R.R., Increase of energy efficiency pumping units (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2018, no. 4, pp. 53–59.
2. Pekin S.S., Yangulov P.L., The analysis of correction factors of recalculation characteristic of electrical submersible pump at influence viscosity of a produced fluid (In Russ.), Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz, 2013, no. 2, pp. 68–69.
3. Ayzenshteyn M.D., Tsentrobezhnye nasosy dlya neftyanoy promyshlennosti (Centrifugal pumps for the oil industry), Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe nauchno-tekhnicheskoe izdatel'stvo neftyanoy i gorno-toplivnoy literatury Publ., 1957, 364 p.
4. Kolpakov L.G., Tsentrobezhnye nasosy magistral'nykh nefteprovodov (Centrifugal pumps for main oil pipelines), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1985, 184 p.
5. Vasil'ev I.E., Kitaev D.I., Korotkikh E.P., Maslova T.O., Influence of the viscosity of the pumped medium on the characteristics of main oil pumps (In Russ.), Molodoy uchenyy, 2017, no. 9, pp. 42–45.
6. Kitaev D.I., Raschet neftyanogo nasosa i postroenie rabochey kharakteristiki (Calculation of the oil pump and construction of the operating characteristic), Voronezh, Publ. of Voronezhskiy SASU, 2015, 66 p.
7. Karaev M.A., Azizov A.G., Ragimov A.M., Rzaeva G.G., Rabota tsentrobezhnykh nasosov na vyazkikh zhidkostyakh (Operation of centrifugal pumps on viscous liquids), Baku: Publ. of ASPA, 2005, 175 p.
8. Perevoshchikov S.I., Konstruktsiya tsentrobezhnykh nasosov (Centrifugal pump design), Tyumen': Publ. of TyumSOGU, 2013, 228 p.
9. Ivanovskiy V.N., Sabirov A.A., Degovtsov A.V. et al., Design and research of dynamic pump stages, Moscow: Gubkin Unitersity, 2014, 124 p.
10. Mikhaylov A.K., Malyushenko V.V., Konstruktsii i raschet tsentrobezhnykh nasosov vysokogo davleniya (Design and calculation of high pressure centrifugal pumps), Moscow: Mashinostroenie Publ., 1971, 304 p.
11. Pfleiderer C., Centrifugal pump for liquids and gases, Berlin, Germany, 1961.
12. Bazhaykin S.G., Bagmanov A.A., Mikheev A.S., On the influence of the viscosity of the pumped medium and the width of the channels of the impeller of centrifugal pumps on the pressure characteristic (In Russ.), Nasosy i Oborudovanie, 2014, no. 6, pp. 80–82.