The article presents the results of the study of the thrust structures of the Ural fold system, located in the junction zone of the Pre-Ural regional deflection and the forward folds of the Urals, in order to identify the conditions of formation and evolution of disjunctive violations of the thrust type of the Ural region from the position of lithospheric plates tectonics and elucidate the role of the dislocations under study in localization spatial distribution of hydrocarbons. The geodynamic nature of the formation of the thrusts of the Pre-Urals is due to Hercynian orogenesis under the influence of collisional processes, and the genetically associated cover-folded structures were formed as a result of the longitudinal bending of the layered strata under the influence of horizontally oriented stress from the Ural Orogen. Despite the relatively high regional geological knowledge and development of hydrocarbon resources in the Pre-Urals, the poorly studied structures characterized by the development of fold-thrust dislocations are promising in terms of oil and gas. At present, the development of geological modeling technologies makes it possible to update previously conducted studies of the tectonic development of subthrust structures and the mechanisms of their formation. These structures are potential hydrocarbon traps. To assess the prospects for oil and gas potential in the development zone of the upstream overshoot dislocations of the Urals, paleotectonic reconstructions were made and investigated based on the implementation of kinematic modeling technology. The construction of paleotectonic reconstructions was carried out along a series of seismic profiles intersecting the northern and southern segments of the Pre-Ural regional deflection. The structures obtained allow us to study the tectonodynamic evolution of the upthrust and thrust structures and the characteristics of the formation conditions of the modern morphostructure of the sedimentary cover, and also allow us to estimate the balance of the structural plans and the direction of tectonic movements over the area and in time. The presented research results show that the fold-and-fissure thrust and sub-thrust structures of the junction zone of the Pre-Ural marginal deflection and the Forward folds of the Urals are favorable for the formation of hydrocarbon accumulations.
1. Kerimov V.Yu., Osipov A.V., Lavrenova E.A., The hydrocarbon potential of deep horizons in the south-eastern part of the Volga-Urals oil and gas province (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2014, no. 4, pp. 33-35.
2. Jang Y., Kim J., Ertekin T., Sung W.M., Modeling multi-stage twisted hydraulic fracture propagation in shale reservoirs considering geomechanical factors,
SPE-177319-MS, 2015, https://doi.org/10.2118/177319-MS.
3. Nazari O.M., Darjani M., Niri M.E., 3D modeling of geomechanical elastic properties in a carbonate-sandstone reservoir: a comparative study of geostatistical co-simulation methods, Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 2018, V. 15, no. 4, pp. 1419–1431.
4. Noufal A., Sirat M., Steiner S. et al., Estimates of in situ stress and faults/fractures in carbonate reservoirs in onshore Abu Dhabi using geomechanical forward modeling, SPE-177520-MS, 2015, https://doi.org/10.2118/177520-MS.
5. Kerimov V.Yu., Gorbunov A.A., Lavrenova E.A., Osipov A.V., Models of hydrocarbon systems in the Russian Platform–Ural junction zone (In Russ.), Litologiya i poleznye iskopaemye = Lithology and Mineral Resources, 2015, no. 5, pp. 445–458.
6. Kerimov V.Yu., Karnaukhov S.M., Gorbunov A.A. et al., Prognosis of oil and gas potential of the southern part of Ural foredeep by modeling results of generation-accumulative hydrocarbon systems (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2013, no. 6, pp. 21–28.
7. Kerimov V.Yu., Kuznetsov N.B., Mustaev R.N. et al., Conditions for hydrocarbon deposits’ formation in the uplift-thrust structures of the eastern side of the Pre-Ural fore deep (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 7, pp. 36–41.
8. Kuznetsov N.B., Kerimov V.Yu., Osipov A.V. et al., Geodynamics of the Ural foredeep and geomechanical modeling of the origin of hydrocarbon accumulations (In Russ.), Geotektonika = Geotectonics, 2018, no. 3, pp. 3–20.
9. Ivanov S.N., Puchkov V.N., Ivanov K.S. et al., Formirovanie zemnoy kory Urala (Formation of the Earth's crust of the Urals), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1986, 248 p.
10. Minligalieva L.I., Prognoz neftegazonosnosti yuzhnoy chasti Predural'skogo progiba i zony peredovykh skladok Urala na osnove geomekhanicheskogo i basseynovogo modelirovaniya (Forecast of oil and gas content of the southern part of the Cis-Ural trough and the zone of forward folds of the Urals based on geomechanical and basin modeling), Collected papers “Geologiya v razvivayushchemsya mire” (Geology in the developing world), Proceedings of XI International Scientific and Practical Conference of Students, Postgraduates and Young Scientists, Perm': Publ. of PSNRU, 2018, pp. 145–148.
11. Osipov A.V., Bondarev A.V., Mustaev R.N. et al., Results of geological survey in the eastern side of the southern part of the Pre-Urals foredeep (In Russ.), Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Geologiya i razvedka, 2018, no. 3, pp. 42–50.
12. Osipov A.V., Monakova A.S., Minligalieva L.I., Generatsionno-akkumulyatsionnye uglevodorodnye sistemy yuzhnoy chasti Predural'skogo kraevogo progiba (Generation-accumulation hydrocarbon systems of the southern part of the Cis-Ural foredeep), Collected papers “Novye napravleniya neftegazovoy geologii i geokhimii. Razvitie geologorazvedochnykh rabot” (New directions of oil and gas geology and geochemistry. Development of geological exploration works): edited by Khopta I.S., Perm': Publ. of PSNRU, 2017, pp. 285–293.13. Stupakova A.V., The Timan-Pechora basin. The structure and main stages of development (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2017, Special Issue, pp. 56–64.