Nowadays more than half of production drilling is related to horizontal wells, development systems based on the use of horizontal, multi-hole and branched wells are designed and applied at new discovered fields in most cases. For now, there are no generally accepted methods for selecting the optimal system, as well as the existing development tools require the use of expensive specialized software, large computing capacities and a high degree of exploration of the deposit. However, the last-mentioned condition cannot be fulfilled in the case of designing the development of a new poorly studied field or deposit, when it is necessary to assess the prospects for the development of an object based on available data and make a decision on further exploration of the object. Therefore, it is necessary to create a unified methodology that allows you to assess the prospects of development without additional time and resources.
The article describes this technique, identifies the advantages and disadvantages of its application, presents the criteria of applicability and the basic rules for the use of horizontal wells, as well as the main systems of field development using horizontal wells with the most effective conditions for their use. The article describes this technique, pros and cons of using this technique, the criteria of applicability and the basic rules for the use of wells with horizontal end, as well as the main systems of field development using horizontal wells with the most effective conditions for their use. The article shows the procedure for determining the optimal parameters of the grid of horizontal wells, the density of the grid of wells, the length of the horizontal end. Moreover, the main parameters of the development are calculated in this article and based on the modification of the Buckley – Leverett method with consideration of the horizontal end of the well. To assess the convergence of the method and confirm the theoretical research, a simulation of the development element with the considered parameters was carried out in the Tempest software package.
1. Galkin V.I., Koltyrin A.N., Investigation of probabilistic models for forecasting the efficiency of proppant hydraulic fracturing technology (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta, 2020, V. 246, pp. 650–659, https://doi.org/10.31897/PMI.2020.6.7.
2. Leusheva E., Morenov V., Tabatabaee Moradi S., Effect of carbonate additives on dynamic filtration index of drilling mud, International Journal of Engineering, Transactions B: Applications, 2020,В V. 33(5), pp. 934–939, DOI: 10.5829/IJE.2020.33.05B.26
3. Mardashov D., Islamov S., Nefedov Y., Specifics of well killing technology during well service operation in complicated conditions, Periodico Tche Quimica, V. 17(34), pp. 782–792, DOI:10.52571/PTQ.v17.n34.2020.806_P34_pgs_782_792.pdf
4. Butler R.M., Horizontal wells for the recovery of oil, gas and bitumen, Petroleum Society of CIM, Monograph no. 2, 1994.
5. Korotenko V.A., Grachev S.I., Kushakova N.P., Mulyavin S.F., Assessment of the influence of water saturation and capillary pressure gradients on size formation of two-phase filtration zone in compressed low-permeable reservoir (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta, 2020, V. 245, pp. 569–581, https://doi.org/10.31897/PMI.2020.5.9
6.В Suchkov B.M., Gorizontal'nye skvazhiny (Horizontal wells), Moscow: NITs Regulyarnaya i khaoticheskaya dinamika Publ., 2006, 423 p.
7. Muslimov R.Kh., Ways to improve the efficiency of horizontal wells for the development of oil and gas field. Part 1 (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2016, V. 18, no. 3, pp. 146–153, DOI: 10.18599/grs.18.3.1.
8.В Berdin T.G., Proektirovanie razrabotki neftegazovykh mestorozhdeniy sistemami gorizontal'nykh skvazhin (Design of oil and gas development by systems of horizontal wells), Moscow: Nedra-Biznestsentr Publ., 2001, 199 p.
9. Trukhina O.S., Otsenka effektivnosti primeneniya gorizontal'nykh skvazhin v regulyarnykh sistemakh razmeshcheniya skvazhin na mestorozhdeniyakh Zapadnoy Sibiri (Evaluation of the efficiency of using horizontal wells in regular well placement systems at fields in Western Siberia), Collected papers “Aktual'nye problemy geologii nefti i gaza Sibiri” (Actual problems of oil and gas geology in Siberia), 2014, pp. 324–327.
10. Smirnov V.A., Shagiakhmetov A.M., Analiz metodik raschetov optimal'noy dliny gorizontal'nogo okonchaniya skvazhiny (Analysis of methods for calculating the optimal length of the horizontal well completion), Collection of selected articles based on the materials of scientific conferences of the State Research Institute “Natsrazvitie”, International scientific conference “Tekhnicheskie i estestvennye nauki” (Technical and natural sciences), St. Petersburg: Publ. of GNII “Natsrazvitie”, 2020, pp. 50–53.
11. Khasanov M.M., Mel'chaeva O.Yu., Roshchektaev A.P., Ushmaev O.S., Steady-state flow rate of horizontal wells in a line drive pattern (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 1, pp. 48–51.
12. Kazantsev A.V., Calculation of the radius of the feed contour of oil wells (In Russ.), Issledovaniya po informatike, 2001, no. 3, pp. 145–148.13. Kotlov S.N., Shamshev A.A., Numerical geo-flow modeling of horizontal drainage holes (In Russ.), Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten', 2019, Issue 6, pp. 45–55, DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-06-0-45-55.