The article presents a new method for locating a defect in pumping equipment using the analysis of the signal phase spectrum at specified points. The study is aimed at localization and identification of equipment defects during its operation. The proposed method is designed for defects that create periodic shock vibrations. Examples of such defects may be the destruction of the bearing, touching the moving parts of the housing, etc. Localization is proposed to be carried out using triangulation and determining the time to reach the signal from the defect to the sensors. In order to increase accuracy, the analysis of the signal phase spectrum is used. Due to the presence of a difference in signal reaching, an increasing difference in values at multiple harmonics will be observed on the signal phase spectra. Accordingly, there will be a straight line or a set of parallel lines on the phase difference graph. By determining the angle of the slope of the lines, it is possible to determine the desired difference in the time to reach the signal, and with this information, further determine the location of the defect. An equation for the numerical determination of the signal delay time is also presented. Knowing the propagation time of the signal in the equipment housing, you can determine the difference in the distance to each of the sensors. Principal possibility of using the proposed method for localization of defects is shown using an experimental stand. This approach will be relevant for new equipment for which a large experimental base for its operation has not yet been developed and a detailed defective map has not been developed. Also, the method will increase the reliability of diagnostics of existing equipment.
1. Valeev A.R., Atroshchenko N.A., Kharrasov B.G., History of technical diagnostics and repair organization systems in industry, Liquid and Gaseous Energy Resources, 2022, no. 1, pp. 31–37, DOI: https://doi.org/10.21595/lger.2022.22706.
2. Aralov O.V., Quality management methodology for complex engineering systems in major oil and oil product pipelines (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2019, V. 9, no. 6, pp. 608–625, DOI: 10.28999/2541-9595-2019-9-6-608-625
3. Mogilner L.Yu., Pridein O.A., Sergeevtsev E.Y., A set of non-destructive testing methods used for diagnosing the foundations of pumping units (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2020, V. 10, no. 2, pp. 164–172,
4. Flegentov I.A., Starshinov D.M., Mikheev Y.B., Ryabtsev E.A., Improving reliability of main pumping unit by improving bearing units (In Russ.), Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2022, V. 12, no. 6, pp. 569–575, DOI: 10.28999/2541-9595-2022-12-6-569-575
5. Valeev A.R., Mastobaev B.N., Movsumzade E.M., Tashbulatov R.R., Developing a method for diagnostics of oil and gas pumping equipment using three-axis strain gauge sensor (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2022, no. 1, pp. 92–95, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2022-1-92-95
6. Valeev A.R., Computer simulation of the defect locating method using three-axis load cells for oil and gas pumping equipment (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2022, no. 2, pp. 112–114, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2022-2-112-114
7. Tatarinov V.N., Tatarinov S.V., Spektry i analiz (Spectra and analysis), Tomsk: Publ. of TUSUR, 2012, 324 p.