Key words: Bazhenov formation, basin modeling, unconventional resources, organic porosity.
The case study of Bazhenov formation of Western Siberia shows methodological approach for unconventional hydrocarbon potential assessment with basin modeling tools. The study results include maturity schemes of Bazhenov formation in the study area, volumes of generated hydrocarbons and Bazhenov formation self-sourced potential estimates. A lot of attention paid for creating present day TOC maps and initial TOC restoration as well as calculation of вЂњorganicвЂќ porosity which is formed when kerogen transforms into hydrocarbons.
1. Tektonicheskaya karta yurskogo strukturnogo etazha Zapadno-Sibirskoy neftegazonosnoy provintsii (Tectonic map of the Jurassic structural floor of the West Siberian oil and gas province): edited by Kontorovich A.E., 2001.
2. Khafizov S.F., Filippovich Yu.V., Kosenkova N.N. et al., Neftyanoe Khozyaystvo вЂ“ Oil Industry, 2011, no. 12, pp. 4-7.
3. Cluff B., Miller M., Log evaluation of gas shales: a 35-year perspective, 2010.
4. Kurchikov A.R., Stavitskiy B.P., Geotermiya neftegazonosnykh oblastey Zapadnoy Sibiri (Geothermics of oil and gas areas in Western Siberia), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1987, 134 p.
5. Semenov V.V. et al., Spetsial'nyy analiz kerna skvazhin s mestorozhdeniy, razrabatyvaemykh “Salym Petroleum Development N.V.” (Special analysis of borehole cores from fields developed by "Salym Petroleum Development NV"), Tyumen, ZAO “Neftekom” Publ., 2010.
6. Lopatin N. V., Emets T.P., Neftegeneratsionnye svoystva bazhenovskoy svity na territorii Khanty-Mansiyskogo AO. Puti realizatsii neftegazovogo potentsiala KhMAO (Oil lasing properties of of the Bazhenov Formation in the Khanty-Mansiysk. Ways of implementation of oil and gas potential KhMAO), 1999, pp. 134-161.
7. Telnaes N., Isaksen J.H., Douglas A.G., A geochemical investigation of samples from the Volgian Bazhenov Formation, Western Siberia, Russia, Org. Geochem, 1994, V. 21, no. 5, pp. 545-558.
8. Peters K.E., Walters C.C., Moldowan J.M., The biomarker guide. Biomarkers and isotopes in petroleum exploration and Earth history, UK Cambridge University Press, 1155 p.
9. Loucks R.G., Reed R.M., Ruppel S.C., Jarvie D.M., Morphology, genesis, and distribution of nanometer-scale pores in Siliceous Mudstones of the Mississippian Barnett Shale, J. Sedimentary Research, 2009, V. 79, pp. 848-861.
10. Passey Q.R., Bohacs K.M., Esch W.L., ExxonMobil Upstream Research Co. From oil-prone source rock to gas-producing shale reservoir – geologic and petrophysical characterization of unconventional shale-gas reservoirs, SPE 131350.11. Curtis M.E. et al., Investigating the microstructure of gas shales by FIB, SEM Tomography & STEM Imaging.